Coolest Projects is the world’s leading technology fair for young people. This year for the first time in Africa!
Due to the remote world this year, we’re running Coolest Projects South Africa 100% online, so you can submit from anywhere.
Coder:LevelUp is a South African non-profit focused on growing coding & coders in South Africa and Africa. We have partnered with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to bring Coolest Projects to South Africa.
- Certificates: Everyone submitting a valid project will get a printable certificate
- Win Swag: We’ll be giving away stickers & t-shirts
- Show-casing your talent: you’ll show off what SA talent can do!
Who can enter Coolest Projects:
- any young person up to the age of 18 (or still in school)
- from any coding school whether part of a Coder Dojo, Code Club, or school society, learnt with mom/dad/aunty, self-taught
- living and learning in South Africa!
What sort of projects?
Lots! Here’s a gallery from the global competition to get your creative juices flowing.
Entries can be in one of the following categories:
- visual programming: projects made in scratch, blockly
- games: a game you coded on any platform
- hardware: projects involving robotics and/or electronics
- mobile apps: a mobile app project
Special bonus AfriCan code challenge: ‘Courageous Coders’ submit a scratch project showing how tech will change the future of education. Tick the box when entering and we will submit it to both this competition and the Africa Code Week AfriCan code challenge. We have co-ordinated with ACW to share projects (with your permission) to double the joy.
How do I enter?
Make a short video in which you answer these three questions:
- Tell us about your project. Why did you choose to make it?
- What did you find difficult while making your project and how did you work it out?
- Is there anything you would do differently or you would add if you had more time?
When you’re ready, submit your project details and video here:
Closing date: 30 November 2020
Judging and awards will happen in the first 2 weeks of December.