Helping young people develop new skills and explore their creativity is very rewarding. Also, it’s a lot of fun!
Code Club & CoderDojo are free volunteer-led coding clubs for young people that are always looking for volunteers!
We need your help!
As we’re growing, more volunteers help get a better outcome for young people across the network.
You could become a mentor and help young people learn to code. To help beginners, you don’t even need technical skills!
You could help with setting up the space and recording attendance for the Dojo sessions. You could help a Dojo run its social media presence or website!
Clubs in the western cape to volunteer at:
- Friday Afternoon: Online (in gather.town)
- Saturday Morning: Mitchell’s Plain
- Saturday Afternoon: ORT @ Science center
- Tue: Prince George in Lavender Hill
- Wed: Highlands Primary in MPlain, Reddam Atlantic Seaboard,
- Thurs: Mkhanyiseli based in Nyanga & Chameleon in Goodwood
- Friday: Boost Africa, Milnerton
- Entshona PS in Phillipi
Info and Support on how to Mentor
We’re here to help you be a great mentor, whether you’re a coder, an educator, a parent or anything in-between.
More info on volunteering:
Specific training for 1st time mentors:
- Ideally please do this 30 min safeguarding e-learning module. https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/safeguarding-module/
- a good one to review on how / where you’ll be helping. https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/dojo-mentoring/
- Specifically, we’ll start most newcomers on “space talk”, the first step in the scratch pathway, that you can play through here: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/space-talk
Plus there’ll be lots of friendly fellow mentors and teachers along on the journey.
If you want to volunteer, (or start a club at your school, or donate, or anything else you can imaghine to help), please connect with our Western Cape Clubs Growth programme manager Anelisa on this CoderDojo & codeclub info group on WhatsApp, or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.