Coolest Projects is the world’s leading technology fair for young people. This year for the third time in Africa!
Join us for an in-person event in Cape Town on the morning of Saturday 10 December 2022, at Innovation City.
- 9:00 Project exhibitors arrive and set up at their desks
- 10:00 Open to public / friends / judging starts
- 12:00 Ceremony, judges awards
The event is open to the public to come and see the coolest projects!
If you want to share your project, please read on for details…
- registration for projects is open again until Wed 7 Dec, fill in the form and bring your project along on Saturday!
- thanks to sponsorship, all clubs/schools/societies submitting at least one project will get a pi pico and basics kit 🤓
- If you can’t come in person, you can send us a video before Saturday morning to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coder:LevelUp is a South African non-profit focused on growing coding & coders in South Africa and Africa. We have partnered with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to bring Coolest Projects to South Africa.
- Certificates: Everyone submitting a valid project will get a certificate
- Show-casing your talent: you’ll show off what SA talent can do!
- Swag: prizees and give-aways!
Who can enter Coolest Projects:
- any young person up to the age of 18 (or still in school)
- from any coding background whether part of a Coder Dojo, Code Club, or school society, learnt with mom/dad/aunty, self-taught
- living and learning in South Africa!
What sort of projects?
This isn’t supposeed to be a new project (although it can be), it can be anything you might have created this year that you would like to share. Whether the work of an hour or a hundred hours, all projects are cool and welcome :)
Entries can be in one of the following categories:
- visual programming: projects made in scratch, blockly
- games: a game you coded on any platform
- hardware: projects involving robotics and/or electronics
- mobile apps: a mobile app project
How do I enter?
Register here: Coolest Projects 2022 South Africa Entry Form
Simply bring yourself and your project to the event!
If you can’t come to the event, you can still enter: make a short video in which you answer these three questions:
- Tell us about your project. Why did you choose to make it?
- What did you find difficult while making your project and how did you work it out?
- Is there anything you would do differently or you would add if you had more time? Send your video to (email@example.com) and we will send you a link to watch remotely on the day if you can, and your certificate.
- Closing date for registration: 7 December 2022
- Event date: 10 December 2022